Attempt at unclogging public toilet sends shopper to hospital
“An attempt to unclog a toilet at the Garden State Plaza sent one person to the hospital for chemical exposure Wednesday, authorities said.
The shopper was transported after a mall maintenance worker and plumber poured two different types of chemicals down the same drain causing a hazardous condition, local police said.
Paramus police, firefighters and EMS responded along with a Bergen County hazardous materials team on reports of fumes in the food court — which was evacuated as a precautionary measure at approximately 9:30 p.m.”
Read the story here.
When various chemicals are mixed together, the potential for hazard is great. It certainly appears that these two employees tried to fix the issue of the clogged toilet by using various drain cleaners. Luckily, only one person was affected and they are expected to be fine.
If your business has a clogged plumbing issue call the experts at DC Annis Sewer. We have 24-hour service and can send a professional out to remedy your problem. Call us at 612-861-6425 or visit our clogged toilets page for more information.